Sunday 12 February 2012

Click me a picture!

It was a day off from work today. It was just a perfect interlude to spend quality time with myself, perfect time to give an ear to my own voice and spend a day in my own band. I was searching for some stuff in my cupboard and suddenly my hands caught one of my most precious chattels – My old albums. I had enough of them to cover my bedroom floor.


People speculate what is the thing with captured images that allures me, but most of the time I fail to make them understand. For me, pictures are my way of preserving the most beautiful moments of my existence on this planet. Ma told me since childhood, I was very fond of getting myself clicked. My face lits up with a big flashing grin every time I sensed a camera around me. She has pictures of me making silly faces, flaunting my new dress, kissing my lovely dolls and posing every time as if I am the next super model or miss universe. Lol I opened my album and took a slow stroll down the memory lane.

Love, Joy, excitement, smiles, a little sorrow there is so much captured in an image. As I looked at each one of them, a whole string of memories followed. At one moment, I am smiling and the next, I have a silent tear rolling down my cheek. I think about the way these years have groomed my life. I am amazed to see how I have grown and evolved. As I smile and flip through the pages of the album, I feel like I have gotten into a time machine and I'm going through my life all over again. Few pictures bring back the memories of people who were once a key part of my life but now it feels as if some one has torn off a page out of my life’s diary. It appears as if that chapter never existed. But before I have time to ponder much about it, I'm distracted by watching myself laugh, enjoy and love unconditionally. Smiling and going through the various emotions I finally landed at the current juncture of this journey - My present.

As I sit here with a zillion thoughts running through my mind and infinite memories flowing in my heart like waves at high tide, I realize something I knew always. Everything that I went through, the fun, joy, laughter, sorrow, unconditional love and everything else is what has brought me to where I am today. All I know is, where I am right now is where exactly I am supposed to be. My little world is absolutely beautiful and I wouldn't have it any other way. While flipping through the pages of my life, the major observation I made is that, the best pictures happened when I was with people who I loved. This is a reason why I love photographs. They tell stories of people I love and bring back the memories of happy times to have me revive them again and again :)

1 comment:

  1. And the best part about these pictures is that nobody looks ugly in them. All the faces and expressions looks so beautiful, will remind you of something and bring that winked smile on our face. :)

    ReplyDelete